Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another County Heard From

I recently heard from my friend, Jim Montgomery, regarding my blog entry about cheapskate behavior. Jim is generous to a fault, but apparently has been exhibiting some early warning signs. He wrote the following:

  • You buy generic ketchup (done it but switched back)
  • You tell the waiter it's your birthday ... just to get the free cake. (done it ... but this is usually after several refreshments)
  • You cut your own hair. (haven't paid for a hair cut since probably 1989)
  • You listened to a daylong sales pitch for a free night's stay. (have done the "60 minute" two-hour timeshare thing several times for free Disney tickets)
  • You’re keeping your skinny '80s ties ... just in case they make a comeback. (did they go out of style???)
  • Your precious childhood memories became a little less precious when you discovered ebay. (you can get a lot for comic books and Star Wars figures!!)

FYI ... Jen (Jim's wife) LOVES her Snuggie!!!

Hey Jim, in the interest of full disclosure, I don't think I've ever paid for a haircut. Of course, my mom is a beautician. Also, my superhero action figures have definitely padded my PayPal account. That snuggie, however, is unforgivable.

Jim is not only a funny guy, but a top-rate designer. You can find his Web site here.

No comments: