Friday, February 19, 2010

Have Pen, Will Travel

I just got word that I am being laid off as part of cost-cutting measures at Humana, one of the nation's largest health insurers. I knew "admin" costs were being cut. I just didn't know that I was admin costs.

Plan to stay based in my hometown of Louisville, Ky. After all, the Cardinals are having a hard enough time, even with my support. However, I will travel as needed. Plus, with technology like it is, shouldn't I be able to work in my basement in my PJs?

I have more than 10 years experience as a PR pro in the utility and health care industries, as well as a lowly paid, but highly enjoyable stint in government service. I've worked in internal, external and provider communications. Before that, I worked for many years as a reporter and editor. (Don't worry, I've been deprogrammed). I still freelance when I'm particularly hungry.

I'm open to all opportunities. Or, as the headline says, "have pen, will travel."

Thanks for the look.

1 comment:

Rich Mistkowski said...

Doug, I was looking forward to meeting you on Thursday in Louisville. I'm sorry to hear about you situation. I'd look at it as an "inside out" opportunity. If I can help in anyway please feel free to email or call me. You have a lot to offer. Rich

PS: I'm in my basement in my PJ's working as we speak! 908-507-2151